And when you think that winter is finally over, here it is, a snow blizzard, freezing your bum.
Although I am a very winter person – I would never trade my cozy jumpers for a bikini, NEVER! – this blizzard put on the test my patience and my capability to resist at low temperatures. As I sit on my bed, I wonder how did I manage to survive? How could I get out of my duvet and face the freezing world outside?
My thermal clothing saved me, this goes without a single doubt. My mantra was: LAYER EVERYTHING. My go-to outfit every, single day consisted in: thermal sweater, thermal leggings, a wool jumper, jeans, double layer or even triple layer of socks, faux-leather boots. And. of course, my dear old Napapijiri coat styled with a very cheap yet beautiful Primark scarf.
“Baby, it’s cold outside”
I know right?
But, despite my constant wining and complaining, I really cherished these days where everything was covered in white and no sound could be heard. I got to spend time with my best friends, taking pictures, rolling and jumping into the snow and drinking hot chocolate.
And when I ask myself: “am I ready for summer?” my honest answer is “Let’s build a snowman!”
Because summer means that you must be ready, with a killer bikini body that requires a lot of work (and squats… holy moly my glutes feels like daggers into my bones); summer is hot, bloody hot and I can’t stand stepping out of the shower already covered in swear.
Hello beautiful souls,
Have you ever been in that situation when you see plenty of things you would like to buy but everything you’ve left with is a 50 euros note? Because I’ve been there lately and let me say that… it is a sad, sad feeling.
However I took this moment of economic crisis (hello 2008!) as a challenge to see how many things I could purchase in Milan. It was not easy at all, I was battled between buying “drugstore\chap” things just to raise the numbers and buying “high-end” products to show that everything is affordable. But let’s see what was the result:
Processed with VSCO with a6 preset
Processed with VSCO with a6 preset
- Snow White mug, 8 euros: I couldn’t help it. I had to go inside the Disney store. I had to! And I saw this beautiful mug on sale (actually it was a bundle of two, the other one is in the hands of my best friend) and I just couldn’t stop myself. Plus, it will make my breakfasts literally fairytales!
- Tom Ford Lipstick, Boys and Girls collection in shade Anderson, 35 euros: Sephora is hell and heaven for us beauty addicted, there is no way to deny it. And in Milan it offers so many things I can’t have in my small city, and there was Tom Ford – which I adore – and you are always in need of a good nude lipstick.
- Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate, 12,5% Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid, 22 euros: the name itself says it all. In addition to that Wayne Goss said this product was revolutionary for your skin and I had to tried it out. Obviously I had to buy the smallest size, but that is ok. I will let you know if it is as good as the internet says it is.
As you can see I didn’t buy much, because I preferred things on the pricy side of the shopping but that were worth the money (hopefully).
That is all for today. All the love,
Hello beautiful people.
I hope this blog post finds you happy, radiant and full of energy.
This is a little update on my yoga “challenge”, which – as you can probably tell by the title – is not going well.
I paused everything for the whole January because of heartbreak, to be honest. I was so focus on my sadness that I let everything else go.
Then, after a month of crying, I decided to heal myself… starting from yoga. And today was my first day back on the m
That’s all for today.
Okay. I finally did it. I made an order on Glossier.com and there is no coming back.
Everything arrived a couple of weeks ago but I took my sweet, sweet time to try the products out and see if they are worth the hype.
First of all, let’s see what I bought:
- Glossier Phase 1 Set: a pre-made bundle that contains the famous Milky Jelly Cleanser, the more famous Priming Moisturizer and the MOST famous Lip Balm Dotcom.
- Boy Brow in the shade Brown
- Cloud Paint in the shade Haze
- Lip Balm Dotcom in the shade Cherry
I’ve been trying these since they arrived (except from the Priming Moisturizer that is still as new as it came to me) and I think I am in love.
Okay, to be honest I still have to figure out why there is so much hype around the Milky Jelly Cleanser because for me, it worked just as any normal face wash: no miraculous results (my breakouts are still there) or incredible cleansing power. But for that, everything else is just AMAZING!
The Lip Balm Dotcom does wonders on your lips, and I have extremely dry ones.
The Boy Brow is perfect to achieve that no-make up make up look that is so fashionable these days (thank you very much Gigi Hadid).
The Cloud Paint, despite the troubles it gives me to take it out, just colors the cheeks with the healthiest glow.
Since Glossier. does not send to Italy (damn you Glossier.), I no longer have access to their products. So here it is the list of what I wish I had bought:
- Mask Duo (Greens + Moon Masks)
- Super Pack serums (Super Pure, Super Bounce, Super Glow)
- Stretch Concealer
- Haloscope Highlighter
Hopefully I will get my hands on those products again sooner or later.
All the love,
2018 is finally here!
And with it, a s**** tons of resolutions that I will never stick to. That is because renewing yourself is a hard work and we don’t usually have the time, nor the will to do it.
Firstly, it is essential to start January the 1st in order to give yourself the right motivation. If you postpone everything at January the 2nd you already know that you will fail. However, on the very first day of the year you are usually to hangover to even realize that a new year has started and you are a step closer to your 50s.
Secondly, what does new year, new me even mean? It is not that I will magically become a Victoria’s Secret model overnight; or that I will become the Queen of eating healthy; or the Master of flexibility with a hint of fashion guru-y vibes. I will be the very same, old me: the one that struggle at waking up before 10 AM, that will always indulge in a piece of cake, that won’t bend when doing yoga, that will wear the first thing that comes out from my messy wardrobe.
Thirdly, as each new year starts, I promise myself that it will be MY year: I will lose weight, I will pay attention to my skin care routine, I will dress as a grown-up woman for once, I will eat healthy. Basically all I want is to be happy with myself, by creating new habits that will bring along a sense of control and organization in my life. The truth is that I am the happiest when I am reckless and uncontrolled, when things happen and completely change my little world.
As my favorite yogi says: do what feels good.
And happy new year.
PS: I am trying to stick to a 30 days yoga plan. I’ll keep you updated
It’s December, which could mean only one thing: CHRISTMAS IS COMING!
Aren’t all of you a holly ball of excitement already? No? Well, you should be! Because this is the best time of the year, when cities are all lightened up with Christmas lights, shops’ windows are more colorful, people are out and about all day buying Christmas present and eating Christmas delicatessens.
Speaking about eating, this is NOT a friendly season for scales. We tend to ingest so much food that maybe it’s better walking away and pretend that our favorite pair of jeans has just shrunken into the tumble dryer.
But here I am, with my first blog post, about to give you my “personally tested. Santa approved” unhealthy list on how survive holiday season without sinking into guilt.
- SLEEP. It’s holiday season after all. So might as well indulge in a long and restorative beauty sleep to be ready and fabulous for all the parties you have to attend. Moreover, it is unlikely that you gonna do something you’ll regret if you are in Dreamland.
- DO BRUNCHES. We all know that Christmas is a never ending stream of food, food and more food. So, why not merging together two meals? You can eat more without feeling guilty – ehy, you are just skipped breakfast or lunch, depending on your point of view – and you can take an infinite amount of instagrammable pictures in the meanwhile. It’s a win win.
- GO SHOPPING. December is not an easy month. First of all, it’s the last month of the year which usually means that deadlines are here, above our heads, and we have to deal with them NOW. No time left, no procrastination. Time to work beeeeeetchesss. Secondly, we have to buy presents for everyone, tools to wrap them up in a nice little package and then we have to buy a little treat for ourselves, just because. Therefore there is almost no time left to go to the gym, alas! The good news is that going shopping burns as many calories as a medium intensity workout! Why? Well, try to carry a thousand and more bags in just one arm and then let me know!
- COOK WHILE LISTENING TO CHRISTMAS SONGS. Actually, this might work just for me because I am the clumsiest person on Earth. However, if you find yourself wonder with your mind at least twice a day, this tip could be for you. Basically, you’d get distracted by the jingles of Christmas carols and forgot about the food.
- VISIT CHRISTMAS MARKETS. Last but not least, a trip to the local Christmas market is mandatory. This won’t help you get fitter or thinner or healthier but how could you miss those little wooden cottages that sell you nice things and mulled wine?
And that’s a wrap for this blog post. I hope you liked it and found these little tips a tiny bit funny (they’re not useful at all).
Have a merry little Christmas,